Total War: Warhammer

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Merketh, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Merketh

Merketh Guild Council Staff Member

It's to be the first in a trilogy of Total War: Warhammer titles, apparently. That includes two additional standalone titles and additional content packs.

Total War: Warhammer will let you control "gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power" - the sorts of fantastical abilities Total War and it's historical accuracy has been allergic to in the past.

"Our rules have changed," noted Sega in the press release, "and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined. The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War."

The game will feature a turn-based campaign with real-time battles, as the Total War series has since inception.

The accompanying fact sheet set the scene:

• "The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.
    • "Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnóage.
    • "High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.
    • "Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstien are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.
    • "And while the Old World becomes torn by betrayal, war and the unleashing of unfathomable power, a greater threat still whispers in the winds from the north. The fabric of reality itself begins to rend and buckle…"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. Keldin

Keldin Guild Member

Ohhhhh me like!

3. Merketh

hype hype hype :eek:

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Guild Council Staff Member

There better be a good mp in it so i can crush you all....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Keldin

Keldin Guild Member

pffffttttt, you'd probably play some filthy skaven army, I'll go all Gotrek on you :)

6. Pilgrim

actually I would either go for High Elf/Dwarf or Bretons (might even go for Wood Elf)

7. Pilgrim

Actually, while looking at the announcement... no HE's, WE's or Bretons... guess it will be either Empire or Dwarves...

8. Merketh

pretty safe bet since its a trilogy, and CA will probably have a ton of DLC in between that most if not all races will be added over time.

9. Pilgrim

yeah, totally agree... in the mean time I will crush @Keldin beneath my steel tipped boots!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zymael

Zymael Guild Member

aaand no blood.. ffs, this is warhammer we are talking about -.-

11. Keldin

Keldin Guild Member

blood? who cares about blood! Where's the ale??

12. Zymael

Zymael Guild Member

at least it's based on good old Warhammer FB, not that abomination warhammer age of sigmar and their Sigmarines... i know they had to reinvent wfb but.. damn...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Merketh