Black Desert Online - Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryatzu, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

The lack of forum posts for this MMO on our guild forum is disturbing...
    Anyone even gonna try/play this?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Merketh

Merketh Guild Council Staff Member

I played it back in Korean beta, while pretty, it was a shallow game. one of those " a mile wide, an inch deep" kind of deals. I hear it has improved, but got very little endgame. Almost everyone i know that plays asian mmo's have gravitated to Blade and Soul over this, but it might also be due to the fact they are mainly PvPer's.

3. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

I can't seem to understand why people would play 'Blade and Soul'.
    Seems like Blade and Soul is just and over hyped game. (TERA anyone?)

Back to 'Black Desert Online', it's true that there is little endgame, but what is endgame anyway? Raiding? PVP? Finish hard/long Quests? Crafting?

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Guild Council Staff Member

Will reply later as i played in the last cbt

5. Pilgrim

So here is my reply for @Ryatzu

I played it in the CBT 1 a bit. It is as @Merketh said a bit bland and shallow. The style is nice and it is broad. I got to lvl 10 or so and the lvl'ing isn't to hard, altough a bit grindy. I got lost in the setting up of my houses / farms etc to get my laborers going. Overall this game feels more suited for PvE then PvP.

BnS is more suited for the pvp, but from what I know from that game is that the pvp is all done in arenas.

6. Merketh

Merketh Guild Council Staff Member

7. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

Yeap im hooked, seems like the perfect MMO for me to play for now.

8. Pilgrim

meah, no release date yet, so no real interest in it at this point. So I am holding off.

9. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

Thrs
    Thats fair, i do expect an MA guild though when it goes live ;)

10. Pilgrim

11. Twido

Twido Guild Member

Hi,

I'm going to give this game a try; I've been looking for an MMO to play while waiting for Crowfall.
    In the closed beta, I only went to lvl 12 so I didn't see most of what the game has to offer. The crafting and housing system looks interesting and I think the end game will be focused on guild vs guild fighting over castles towns and resources.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Pilgrim

@Twido ! still alive I see :) Doubt anyone of MA is going for BDO unfortunately. It launches 5 days before the Division and we have more people interested in that then in BDO. You tried TD?

13. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

Well this is gonna be akward.
    I pre-ordered, i bashed ubisoft.
    I refunded, i loved the division.
    Been nice to @Pilgrim , he bought me the division (i payed him back, right??? paypal!!!)
    We ruled the DarkZone.

14. Twido

Twido Guild Member

I haven't tried the division. I will have a look into it.

15. Pilgrim

release is 08/03 (you missed this weekends Open Beta for the game :( ) I think it would fit into your FPS style of thinking Twido! And yes, you can snipe in the game ;)

here is a little video of me doing some rogue hunting...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ebs

Ebs High Templar

I am actually going to play BDO with some friends, if anyone in MA is please let me know what server you are rolling on. I am no that flexible with server selection because of the aforementioned friends but still.

What I have seen of the game is actually the opposite of shallow, there is so much to do and most systems that are trivial in other games a very deep in BDO. Also, yes I sound like a fan boy, no PvP? You can fight people where-ever you want and the fighting over good mob-spawns is something I am looking forward too. Not to mention territory/node control and castle sieging... I read you can actually control the main city and get a cut of AH prices to your guild.

17. Ebs

Ebs High Templar

Player names and server selection:

Ebs (server unknown)
    Ryatzu (server unknown)
    Twido (server unknown)

Reply in this thread with your choices!

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Pilgrim

@Ebs I will take one of the 7 day guild passes!

also, @filc might play it... if you want you can use discord for the voip for the game

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Pilgrim

sidenote, @Ryatzu cancelled his pre-order and replaced it for the Division. Not sure if @Twido is still going to buy it.

20. Ebs

Ebs High Templar

I think I have a pass myself, you can have it!